Wednesday 28 January 2015

All about that base

The base is the most important part of a look. It make's the rest of the makeup application so easy.
I usually start with my fix+ spray from MAC which adds moisture to the skin and preps the skin. I love fix+ I wouldn't be without it. It is a holy grail product for me. It really infuses the skin with moisture and hydrates the skin.
This costs €22.
http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/10953/32212/Products/Skincare/Primers/Prep-Prime-Fix/index.tmpl


On top of that I put on a moisturiser this for me locks in all the moisture of the fix+ as well as makes it a smooth base to apply foundation.

This is really light textured cream. It doesn't have that heavy cream feel on the skin. It says its a 24- hour moisturiser and that's great but by the end of the day, when I'm removing all my makeup I would apply another layer just becuase after makeup removal my skin always feels a little dehydrated, it hydrates my skin so well. I really love this cream. I dislike heavy creams and also  creams that are so light it dries very quickly and doesn't really act as a base at all. This one is a great cream in my opinion for people who don't want to clog their pores with extra creams as well as makeup and  it's so light its almost like a gel/serum.
http://www.kiehls.com/Ultra-Facial-Cream/622,default,pd.html

Next I apply my Primer. This is the Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow primer
This is a beautiful product. This gives the skin an amazing glow. It gives great luminosity to the skin. It makes the foundation on top of it glow from within. This primer adds a soft focus to skin. I personally don't find it very hydrating and it doesn't really leave my skin feeling "DEWY" but it really is a beautiful primer.
This is blended out. It adds a really pretty glow and warmth to the skin.

These are my current base products which help my make makeup not only stay put all day but also makes my makeup application so easy. This base rountine gives my skin a flawless look, it smoothes my skin out making my makeup look so much better.  





No comments:

Post a Comment